Sunday, October 26, 2008

Goodbye Santa Clara, Hello San Cristobal!



Here it is, my new home! This is the view from the school and the community is below. I am so happy to be somewhere that has a beautiful view of the water. I have a feeling this will be a good spot for me to collect my thoughts and recharge.

We officially swore in as Peace Corp volunteers this last Wednesday, very exciting. The ceremony was held at the US ambassadors house, which was very nice to say the least. There were some nice speeches and there were hor´dervous afterward. I have to say my favorite part was the cocktail napkins that said "United States of America" on them in gold lettering. It just made me smile.

Above are some photos from the party we threw for our host familes as well. It was great time and while we were all excited to be moving on to our sites, it was hard to say goodbye. My host mom and sisters are above on the right. I will post more when I have a chance. Thanks again for all the emails and phone calls.

No comments: